Last Updated on
Your career at Mission: Cure can help improve the lives of people who are suffering and change the way diseases are cured
Job Overview and Requirements:
Are you ready to apply your talents in program development and communications to help grow an innovative nonprofit that is changing the model for curing disease while improving the lives of people who are suffering? Mission:Cure is a young, growing organization that has made great strides in record time. We bring a sense of urgency, efficiency and innovation to the disease-curing ecosystem, starting with pancreatitis. We are determined, collaborative and smart problem-solvers. If you want to join us on our journey to improve the lives of those dealing with pancreatitis while demonstrating a faster, better way to cure disease, we invite you to submit your resume with a short but thoughtful cover letter. We would also love to see a sample of your work so feel free to share your best social media posts, presentations, proposals or other relevant documents.
Mission: Cure was founded in 2017 to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for pancreatitis, an extremely painful, degenerative and costly disease. Led by Megan Golden, a leader in innovative, outcome-based financing such as “Social Impact Bonds,” and Linda Martin, a veteran technology entrepreneur, Mission: Cure is pioneering a new funding model that creates new incentives for patient outcomes when market incentives fail and brings in capital from impact investors. Innovation in curing disease is even more needed in the post-COVID-19 world.
The Program and Communications Coordinator will help drive the organization’s growth by creating strategies, conducting analyses and implementing plans that will build our brand, grow our audience and deepen engagement with our patient community and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be analytical and data-driven as well as passionate and creative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate patient education program, including determining topics of importance to patients, whether they should be conveyed through webinars, blog posts or other media, identifying speakers and authors, scheduling and project-managing webinars and blog posts
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for key stakeholders.
- Assist with proposal writing and fundraising.
- Develop and manage data-driven communications strategy to publicize webinars, blog posts and other announcements.
- Manage social media accounts to maximize participation in our patient education programs and organizational goals.
- Monitor the success of our communications and program strategies, recommend and implement strategies for improvement. Use Google Analytics and other social media analytical tools to provide in-depth insights on all campaigns and monthly analytics reports.
- Recommend and implement improvements to our website, mission-cure.org, to better serve patients and their families (WordPress programming ability a plus); draft articles for website.
- Develop and manage creative materials to ensure a cohesive image and message.
- Serve as an integral member of our small staff, contributing ideas and taking on tasks as needed.
- Commitment to our mission and values
- Bachelor’s degree and proven relevant experience; preference given to those with nonprofit experience, especially in a health-related field
- Strong project management skills; ability to work independently, problem-solve and do what it takes to complete a project on time
- A team player who takes initiative to identify what needs to be done to advance our mission and makes it happen
- Strong writing, communication and people skills
- Background or strong interest in health and curing disease
- Successful track record in developing and managing social media and email strategies and campaigns
- Proficient in MS Office, Google/Social media analytics and SEO; Experience with WordPress, Salesforce CRM and Zoom webinars a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary 55-60K based on experience
- Full-time position
- Ultimately based in New York City; given coronavirus situation, initially work from home
- Competitive medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability insurance benefits
How to Apply:
Email your resume, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com.
Mission: Cure is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Join the team that’s improving lives and changing the model for curing disease.