About Mission: Cure
Mission:Cure is a young, ambitious nonprofit organization. It was founded in 2017 to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for pancreatitis, an extremely painful, degenerative and costly disease. Mission:Cure is pioneering an innovative funding model that creates new incentives for patient outcomes and uses impact investing and public-private partnerships.
In our first three years, we have made significant progress. Selected accomplishments include: defined a strategy to cure chronic pancreatitis within 10 years with input from key opinion leaders (KOLs); launched our patient education program and built a robust network of engaged patients, and organized and led a patient panel at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK) meeting on expediting therapies for pancreatitis. Earlier this year, we were awarded the innovative practices award for Elsevier/Pistoia Alliance Datathon, an international data science competition that generated 300 drug repurposing candidates.
Purpose & Overview of Position
This position will support emerging research, communications initiatives, and strategic projects during a key growth period for the organization. The intern will be able to work on specific projects while also having a role helping to design a patient-centered care model for chronic pancreatitis that combines an understanding of the medical ecosystem and the patient experience. The intern will have frontline exposure to patients, providers, experts and various stakeholders. The intern will report to the Director of Patient-centered Care and Innovation.
The intern will play a key role in helping to develop a patient-centered care model with a focus on developing a feasible business model, creating curriculum for providers, and supporting external communications. The intern will contribute and support activities including the following:
- Support knowledge and research initiatives, including desktop research of care models deployed in the field, patient-reported outcomes, and provider education curriculum ;
- Support strategic projects on an ad-hoc basis, including engagements with philanthropic organizations, doctors, insurance companies and medical education providers, from business and financial modelling to program development and analysis;
- Develop, write, and/or edit engaging copy for targeted audiences, including grant proposals, blogs, articles, case studies and stories, internal research memos and analysis;
- Support stakeholder relations activities including establishing and maintaining relationships with medical providers and patients, coordinating events, meetings, and updating internal databases.
The ideal candidate demonstrates the following characteristics:
- Interest in healthcare, program development, social entrepreneurship and
- Resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly with a positive and constructive attitude
- Flexibility and adaptability to seize new opportunities and manage shifting priorities as we respond to shifts in the field
- The ability to work in a startup environment and work independently while supporting several projects
- Strong collaborative abilities with internal colleagues and external colleagues and partners
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- The ability to manage details and organize processes without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter with personal accountability and a commitment to achieving and exceeding goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communications skills (verbal and written)
Term & Extension Opportunity
This is a four (4) month contract from September to December 2020. At the end of the Fall term there may be an opportunity to extend this internship position for another four (4) months, until April 2021.
Location & Working Conditions
Due to COVID-19, this is a remote-only position. Operating business hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. There may be occasional virtual events that occur outside of normal operating hours.
This internship role will be compensated for on an hourly basis, at $18.00 per hour for 40 hours per week.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Mission: Cure is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We provide all qualified applicants with equal opportunity and consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.