Are you ready to apply your talents to help an innovative nonprofit that is changing the model for curing disease while improving the lives of people who are suffering? Mission: Cure is a growing nonprofit organization that has made great strides in record time. We bring a sense of urgency, efficiency, and innovation to the disease-curing ecosystem, starting with pancreatitis. We are determined, collaborative, and smart problem-solvers. If you share these traits and care about curing disease and improving health care, we invite you to apply.
The Program Associate will play a pivotal role in growing our organizational capacity and increasing our impact. This individual will help launch important new projects, such as collaborative efforts with other patient-led disease organizations, and will help manage fundraising and nonprofit operations.
- Operational Support: Collaborate with the CEO to coordinate and optimize daily operational tasks and strategic priorities. Assist with hiring of new staff.
- Program Development: Aid in the ideation, planning, and execution of new and existing programs, such as a partnership with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs to improve health care for veterans.
- Nonprofit Management: Contribute to the effective management of the nonprofit by revising and ensuring compliance with policies, managing technology platforms, and helping with budgeting.
- Board of Directors: Prepare for Board of Directors meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Fundraising: Assist in fundraising efforts, including maintaining our Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack database, analyzing donor data, and drafting grant proposals.
- Public Policy: Help plan and execute campaigns to make government funding and policy more patient centered.
- Team Building: Participate in and occasionally lead team-building activities, fostering a strong, cohesive, and collaborative team environment.
- Commitment to Mission: Cure’s mission and vision.
- Interest in nonprofit management.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience managing public health or related projects.
- Proven project management capabilities.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with and interest in using AI tools such as ChatGPT to maximize productivity
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM preferred.
- A go-getter who takes a proactive approach, identifying and addressing needs without waiting for direction.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary range: $60-$70K (based on experience and location).
- Full-time role.
- Remote with occasional in-person meetings.
Mission: Cure was founded in 2017 to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for pancreatitis, an extremely painful, degenerative, and costly disease. Led by Megan Golden, a leader in innovative, outcome-based financing and Linda Martin, a veteran technology entrepreneur, Mission: Cure is pioneering a new funding model that creates new incentives for patient outcomes. Mission: Cure’s full-time staff of 4 is based across the US and in the Middle East.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter detailing your interest in the role, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mission: Cure is an equal opportunity employer. We invite qualified applicants of all backgrounds to join our team and contribute to our vision of changing the paradigm for curing disease.