Busting the Myths about Pancreatic Enzymes for Pancreatitis and EPI
New Information for Pancreatitis Patients on Treating EPI
Dr. Steven Freedman, MD, Ph.D., a worldwide expert on pancreatic disease and cystic fibrosis, presents Busting the Myths about Pancreatic Enzymes for Pancreatitis. In this webinar, the fifth in Mission: Cure’s Patient and Family Webinar Series, Dr. Freedman explains:
- What causes exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI)?
- How is EPI diagnosed and treated?
- When should you take PERT and how do you calculate the correct dose?
- Is PERT helpful in treating the pain of chronic pancreatitis?
- How does PERT affect patients with diabetes?
- What new developments are in the pipeline to treat EPI?
Dr. Freedman address these questions and more in this webinar replay as he debunks the myths and solves the mysteries that surround pancreatic insufficiency and pancreatic enzymes, followed by a robust Q & A session with pancreatitis patients who participated in the live webinar.