Nutrition for Chronic Pancreatitis
Nutrition is one of the most important considerations for patients who suffer from pancreatitis. Mission: Cure’s webinar on April 6th, 2022 featured pancreatic nutrition expert Mary Phillips from Royal Surrey County Hospital in Guildford, UK.
During the webinar, Mary discusses the following topics:
- Malnutrition in chronic pancreatitis: prevalence, causes, and treatment
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency: what it is and how it is treated (pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy)
- Type 3c diabetes: symptoms that the endocrine function of the pancreas is not working properly, treatment and management
- Maintenance: tests you should be getting if you have chronic pancreatitis and how often
- Expert recommendations: nutritional recommendations for patients with chronicpancreatitis
- Fat intolerance and bile salt malabsorption
- General advice regarding nutrition
Mary also answers audience questions related to EPI, PERT, diabetes, and nutrition.