Living with pancreatitis can be a real pain in the… well, pancreas. If you’re dealing with pancreatitis, you know how much it can impact your daily life. From chronic pain to nausea, this condition comes with all kinds of not-so-fun symptoms.
Sometimes, it feels like nobody understands what you’re going through. That’s where memes come in. These funny little images and captions can be surprisingly effective at capturing the ups and downs of life with recurrent acute or chronic pancreatitis. And hey, if we can find some humor in the midst of the discomfort, why not take advantage of it?
So, whether you’re dealing with a flare-up right now or just need a good laugh, take a look at these memes and see if they don’t make you crack a smile. Trust us, a little laughter can go a long way when you’re dealing with pancreatitis.
1. When the flare-up hits
Related: Webinar: Pancreatitis and Chronic Pain: How Can I Manage?
2. Whoopsie, sorry pancreas
Related: Nutrition for Pancreatitis Patients
3. Better the flu than a flare
4. Yes, I’m still sick
5. Having to deal with nausea constantly
6. When you know more than the doctor
Related: Living with Pancreatitis: Navigating Your Diagnosis
7. Explaining why you don’t drink
Related: Pancreatitis and Alcohol
8. A side of PERT please
Related: Video Guide: Dosing Pancreatic Enzymes for Adults
9. When you can’t take the bland diet anymore
Related: Webinar: Nutrition for Chronic Pancreatitis
10. I may be chronically ill, but I’m also chronically fabulous
11. When a flare comes on out of nowhere
12. On a scale of 1-10, it’s an 11
13. Finding someone who gets it
Related: HealthUnlocked Chronic Pancreatitis Support
14. Looking at the restaurant’s menu
15. Explaining why you can’t just “get your pancreas removed”
16. Having to define “chronic” to people
17. Risking it all on a ‘good’ pain day
18. Princess of the E.R.
19. When you find out there’s no effective treatment
Related: Accelerating Cures
20. The struggle of dealing with pain is real
Related: Pain Management
21. “There’s a lot going on here”
22. When you don’t do mainstream
23. Hope this one works!
24. You’re not faking your illness
25. When pancreatitis also throws diabetes at you
26. What’s a pain-free day?
27. Never means never
28. Going to the doctor doesn’t always help
29. It’s complicated
30. Wouldn’t that be nice
Stay Up-To-Date on the Latest Pancreatitis Advancements
Mission: Cure is a coalition of patients, doctors, researchers, and entrepreneurs pioneering a new approach to curing diseases through innovative, outcome-based financing. Headquartered in New York, New York, and operating virtually, Mission: Cure collaborates with researchers, innovators, and impact investors to discover life-altering therapies and bring them to patients. Currently, Mission: Cure is focused on accelerating a cure for pancreatitis. Support Mission: Cure by donating at mission-cure.org, and stay up-to-date with the latest pancreatitis news by subscribing to Mission: Cure’s newsletter, following Mission: Cure on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and subscribing to its YouTube Channel. Join Mission: Cure’s pancreatitis communities on HealthUnlocked and Facebook.